Jessica, native to New England, and William, new to Boston from England, both share a love for the beauty the Northeast has to offer. They decided to plan an intimate and personal day at the start of the 4th of July holiday so their family could come together from both near and far to celebrate their marriage and continue the celebration of togetherness through the holiday weekend that has always held a special place in their hearts – a weekend filled with family traditions!
A Castle on the Cliffs
The two exchanged their vows to the sound of string musicians on a pristine lawn of a beautiful castle on the cliffs off the Gloucester coast. Following the ceremony, their family toasted the couple as they rode away to their reception in a vintage Porsche Speedster. Afterwards, they held their reception at a seaside restaurant that was personalized with textured chargers, seafoam green napkins, peach colored florals, and guest seating cards were hand painted onto sea shells and oyster shells.
Personal Wedding Touches:
- Family wishes from 1941
- Heirloom locket from Grandparents tied to the bride’s bouquet
- Vintage Porsche Speedster
- Custom cocktail napkins
- Hand decorated cookies representing their wedding scenery
- Hand calligraphy seating cards on half shells
The Vendor Facts:
- Ceremony Location: Hammond Castle, Gloucester, MA
- Reception Location: Feather & Wedge, Rockport, MA
- Photography: Sarah Surette
- Vintage Car rental: DriveShare
- Florist: Karla Cassidy
- Guest Count: 75
For more, check out these recent posts:
- Regal Venue Meets Seaside Boston | Fairmont Copley Plaza
- Coastal Love | Wentworth By the Sea
- An Elegant Estate Wedding | The Mansion at Turner Hill
Lia provided a fantastic service for our wedding day and in the run up to it. She was very responsive to all of our communication and was even able to help wrangle unruly venue management. Her organization was excellent, she was always on top of the tasks as well as the specific details that needed extra attention. On the day she kept everything moving and it all went extremely smoothly. We would absolutely recommend Lia to anyone and everyone!
– Jessica & William